Recipe by JanetB-KY
Posting this for ZWT 2006 (Asian Region), this is a nice summertime rice salad.
Top Review by Jean R
A nice way to use up leftover pork roast. I substituted frozen green peas for the snow peas. I also added a tablespoon of chopped cilantro. When I make it again I'll add a clove of mincend garlic and a smidge more rice wine vinegar. Thanks for posting!
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups slivered cooked pork
- 1⁄4 cup fresh snow pea
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and julienned
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 medium red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon other cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rice, pork, snow peas, cucumber, onion, sesame seeds and red pepper in large bowl.
- Combine broth, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and oils in a small jar with lid; shake well to blend.
- Pour over rice mixture; toss lightly and serve either chilled or at room temperature.