Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From All Recipes. Note marination time.
- 1 (4 lb) boneless pork shoulder, trimmed
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half; place in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish.
- In a bowl, combine the water, soy sauce, sesame seeds, molasses, vinegar, onions, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Pour half over the roast. Cover the pork and remaining marinade; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add the reserved marinade.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce temperature to low; cook 8-9 hours longer or until meat is tender. Remove the roast and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in cooking juices. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Serve with the roast.