1/1 Photo of Sesame Pork Ribs
6 hrs 20 mins
This is adapted from a recipe by Michelle in CA, from another board. It is easy to put together even if the list of ingredients looks long. You can double the recipe and freeze half of it. If you do that, don't sprinkle the sesame seeds or green onions on until you are ready to serve it. It can be reheated in the crock pot or thawed overnight and reheated in the oven or stovetop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml ketchup or 59.14 ml barbecue sauce
- 14.79 ml oyster sauce
- 14.79 ml hoisin sauce
- 29.58 ml honey
- 14.79 ml cider or 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or more)
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes (or more)
- 1133.98 g country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 14.79 ml cornstarch, dissolved in 2
- 7.39 ml water
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- 6 thinly sliced green onions
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1In a large bowl, combine the first eleven ingredients. Add the pork and turn to coat.
- 2Place the onion in a 5-qt slow cooker; arrange pork on top.
- 3Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 4Strain sauce out into a small pot and heat to boiling. Add cornstarch slurry and stir until thickened; about 1 - 2 minutes.
- 5Pour sauce back into slow cooker and combine.
- 6Place pork on a serving platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds, green onions and chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
- 7You can also remove the meat from the bones and serve it in flour tortillas with a little hoisin sauce, sort of a faux moo shu pork.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Pork Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.2
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 130.4 mg
- Sodium 1220.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: