Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Top Review by Mauwoo
This was great, very flavorful and a little spicy, exactly what I was looking for. I made a couple of changes, I didn't have any mushrooms so those got left out, I used Udon noodles and cut way back on the crushed red pepper (husband doesn't do hot). I will make this again for sure.
- 8 ounces uncooked lo mein noodles or 8 ounces vermicelli
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, trimmed and sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup snow peas, halved crosswise
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup diagonally cut green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodles to package directions, drain.
- Combine the sherry and next 6 ingredients in a bowl; add in 1 teaspoon sesame oil and pork; toss to coat.
- In another bowl, combine broth and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add pork mixture to skillet; stir-fry 3 minutes; remove pork with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add peas, carrots, and mushrooms to skillet; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth mixture; cook 2 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Stir in noodles, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, pork, and sesame seeds; adjust seasoning with salt/pepper if needed.
- Sprinkle with green onions; serve immediately.