Recipe by Jewelies
Tasty winter casserole. Serve with rice.
Top Review by Jellyqueen
This was a really good recipe. I pretty much made it according to directions, except I used left over pork, so I had to do a little adjusting on the cooking end. I sauted the onion, garlic, and capsicum in olive oil, then pretty much followed the directions for the rest, adding the chopped left over pork and apple and letting it heat through good. I then added the cornflour and water mixture to thicken. Great change for that left over meat.
- 1 kg pork, diced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 60 ml honey
- 60 ml plum jam
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbed
- 250 ml water
- 125 ml dry sherry
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 1 medium green capsicum, chopped
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 60 ml water (extra)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Toss pork in flour, shake away excess.
- Heat oil in skillet, stir in pork, cook for about 5 min or until pork is brown all over.
- Remove pork from pan, drain excess oil.
- Stir onion, garlic and sesame seeds into pan, cook 3 min or until seeds are browned lightly.
- Stir in soy sauce, honey, plum jam, stock cube, water and sherry into pan, bring to boil, simmer uncovered for 5 minute.
- Combine pork, capsicums and sesame mixture in casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, in oven for about 1 1/2 hours or until pork is tender.
- Stir in apple and cornflour blended with extra water.
- Bake, covered for 15 minutes or until casserole has thickened.