Recipe by J e l i s a
Quick and easy way to satisfy my Chinese food cravings. Also great w/some Hoisin sauce and ginger.
Top Review by ciao
J! This is sooo good! Even my 8 year old loved it! This was one of my picks for last weeks ABC chef game. It's so easy to prepare, and cooks so quickly, great for a quick evening meal. I added a couple TBSP of hoisin, and about 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, at the same time that I added the chicken back to the pan. The sauce is delicious, and there is plenty of it. Had it served over Basmati rice. I wold have added some extra spice as Mark suggested, but I was serving to the kids, so I held back. Thumbs up from all of us!
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 -3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken broth, cornstarch, and soy sauce, blend well.
- Add chopped green onions, toss lightly and set aside.
- Cut tenderloin into bite-size pieces (1" chunks, or strips).
- Heat oil in skillet over Medium-High heat.
- Add pork and garlic, stir fry until meat is cooked.
- Remove pork and set aside.
- Add broccoli and broth, cover and simmer on low for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the pork and cook until hot, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and serve with rice.