Recipe by Irmgard
This was our first time doing a roast on the barbecue and we're hooked! The meat comes out perfectly cooked and so juicy! The original recipe calls for 2 teaspoons of curry powder in the coating, but I left that out as it would have overpowered the side dishes. Feel free to use it if you like!
- 3 lbs beef eye round
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn, coarsely crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 6 shallow slits in the the roast at random.
- Insert a garlic clove half in each slit.
- Brush olive oil over the roast.
- Combine the sesame seeds and peppercorns in a small bowl; spread evenly on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Roll the roast in the sesame seed mixture until coated.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high.
- Place the roast on one side of the greased grill over the drip pan.
- Turn off the burner under the roast, leaving the opposite burner on medium-high; close lid.
- Cook for 30 minutes; reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook for another 30 minutes until the meat thermometer reads 135°F for rare to 165°F for well done.
- Remove from the heat and cover loosely with foil.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut into 1/2-inch thick slices.