1/4 Photos of Sesame Peanut Spaghetti Squash
A relatively quick way to have a flavorful vegetarian dinner. This dish is a meal within itself. This recipe is adapted from Favorite Brand Name Fresh Foods cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 spaghetti squash (3 pounds)
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/3-1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut on the diagnoal in 1-inch lengths
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1With a long fork, pierce the whole spaghetti squash several times.
- 2Place in microwave and microwave for 5 minutes on high.
- 3Turn and continue to microwave for an additional 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from microwave and allow to stand while prepareing remaining ingredients.
- 5Heat a wok over medium-high heat until hot and add sesame seeds.
- 6Cook and stir for 45 seconds or until golden brown.
- 7Place the toasted seasame seeds in blender along with vegetable cube, hot water, soy sauce, sugar, seasame oil, cornstarch, red pepper flakes and Worcestershire sauce.
- 8Process until mixture is coarsely pureed.
- 9Heat wok over medium-high heat for 1 minute or until hot; add peanut oil and heat for 30 seconds.
- 10Add asparagus; stir-fry 2 minutes add carrots and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- 11Add the red bell pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 12Stir in seasame seed mixture and cook 1 minute or until sauce is thickened.
- 13Cut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- 14With a fork break the squash up into strings and divide on individual serving plates.
- 15Top the squash with the seasame mixture, garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro tossing to coat.
- 16Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Peanut Spaghetti Squash
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.4
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 429.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes