- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted dry roasted peanuts, skinless
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, vinegar and water in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring just until sugar dissolves.
- Continue to cook without stirring until mixture boils.
- Allow to boil without stirring until mixture is golden and reaches 300° F on a candy thermometer, about ten minutes.
- While the sugar mixture is boiling, generously butter an 11" x 7" baking pan.
- Sprinkle half the sesame seeds and all of the peanuts evenly onto the pan.
- When the sugar mixture has reached the requisite temperature, carefully (nasty burn if spilled) pour the sugar mixture over the nuts in the baking pan.
- Smooth the surface with the back of a buttered wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds and cool slightly.
- While candy is still warm, cut into 2" by 1" pieces and then allow to cool completely in the pan.
- Remove from pan and enjoy!