Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fool-proof Asian noodle salad that always turns out perfectly. Dressing can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in the fridge.
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup warm water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 scallions
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Place peanut butter, soy sauce, warm water, garlic, ginger, honey, sesame oil, sugar and red pepper flakes in food processor (or blender) and blend till smooth. This dressing can now be stored in sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Cook spaghetti in lightly salted water till desired doneness. While pasta is cooking, cut yellow and red peppers into 1/8" strips. Use scissors or knife to cut scallions into thin slices.
- When pasta is ready, rinse it under cold tap water until it is cooled to slightly below room temperature. Drain. Toss together with dressing, peppers, scallions and sesame seeds and serve within an hour.
- Note: Up to half of the peanut butter may be replaced with Asian sesame paste (this is not the same as tahini). You may also replace up to half of the soy sauce with tamari sauce.