Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is a wonderful Hors D'Oeuvre for a cocktail party!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed to 4 inches
- 6 slices pancetta, halved (very thin slices)
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- sea salt
- Put flour, eggs and sesame seeds in 3 shallow dishes. Wrap each asparagus spear with pancetta, leaving tip exposed.
- Heat oil in med straight sided skillet over med heat until it registers 350 degrees on a deep fry thermometer.
- Dredge spears in flour, shaking off excess.
- Dip pancetta portion in egg; coat with sesame seeds. Fry until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Season with salt. Thread spears lengthwise onto skewers, if desired.
These were pretty good. Easy to assemble and looked nice. Asparagus was cooked perfectly. I had all the ingredients so I just threw it all together and it was good.