Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from Gourmet Magazine. It's a delicious, light side dish. Great with barbecues!!
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 bunches scallions (green onions)
- In a dry skillet toast sesame seeds until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
- Boil orzo in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add to sesame seeds.
- Slice scallions on diagonal into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking and saute scallions, stirring occasionally, until lightly charred and tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir scallion mixture into orzo and season to taste with salt and pepper.
A very different and unusual dish! I found it very tasty. I am serving it as a side dish to a nice piece of braised steak. Combining an Asian side with a different kind of a meat dish. It is a nice compliment to the steak.
Great base recipe and I'll definitely be making it again. I think it needed more onions and some spices. I agree it is great for grilling, the charred onions are supper good! Made for ZWT6 by a fellow Looney Spoon.
We loved this! Simple and easy to put together, this dish was enjoyed by my whole family. I love the sesame flavour along with the charred green onion. Delicious! Made for ZWT 6 :)