Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple to make and a nice change from the ordinary weeknight dishes. Served over long grain rice.
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 ripe oranges
- 2⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups long grain and wild rice blend
- 2⁄3 cup shredded carrot
- Juice one orange and allow the tilapia filets to soak in it for 15 minutes.
- Halve the other orange and squeeze the juice from one half into your skillet discard the orange half. Squeeze the juice of the other half into a pot for the rice then place the orange half in the pot also.
- Follow directions on rice box. Add carrots 2-3 minutes before it is done cooking.
- Mix together the bread crumbs, onion powder, and garlic powder. Coat the tilapia filets with this mixture on both sides.
- Add the sesame oil to the skillet with the orange juice. Swirl the two liquids together. Begin to heat, when skillet is starting to get warm add the tilapia filets.
- You will need to cook the fish about 10 minutes, flipping the filets every 2-3 minutes to prevent the breading burning.
- When all is completed, serve the fish over the rice.
This was good, I think it would have been even better if my sesame oil was more fresh. I will try this again w/ a new bottle!
I LOVED this! It was the perfect mix of orange and spices. I wouldn't change a thing!