Simple to make and a nice change from the ordinary weeknight dishes. Served over long grain rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Juice one orange and allow the tilapia filets to soak in it for 15 minutes.
- 2Halve the other orange and squeeze the juice from one half into your skillet discard the orange half. Squeeze the juice of the other half into a pot for the rice then place the orange half in the pot also.
- 3Follow directions on rice box. Add carrots 2-3 minutes before it is done cooking.
- 4Mix together the bread crumbs, onion powder, and garlic powder. Coat the tilapia filets with this mixture on both sides.
- 5Add the sesame oil to the skillet with the orange juice. Swirl the two liquids together. Begin to heat, when skillet is starting to get warm add the tilapia filets.
- 6You will need to cook the fish about 10 minutes, flipping the filets every 2-3 minutes to prevent the breading burning.
- 7When all is completed, serve the fish over the rice.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Orange Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.8
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 204.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend