Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
I found this in a Taste Of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes leaflet. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 16 boneless skinless chicken thighs (4oz each)
- 2⁄3 cup teriyaki sesame ginger barbecue sauce
- 2⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- hot cooked rice
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. Transfer to a 4 or 5-quart slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, marmalade, orange juice, soy sauce, ginger and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours until chicken is tender. Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds. Serve over rice.
This was a fabulous meal with plenty of leftovers for lunches. The hidden beauty of this recipe is the incredible ease of preparation. You just can't get any easier...you dirty one bowl, throw it in the crockpot--no pans to watch. It did take me a little longer than the 5 minutes of prep it would take for the recipe as written because I cubed our chicken. My ginger overpowered slightly and we did need to add salt for our taste. I was a little tempted to add garlic next time, but it would add time to an exceedingly easy meal. Maybe I'll use garlic powder ;-) We will be making this again and again!!