Recipe by Marceld
KitchenMagician's Recipe Page url: http://recipebox.cdkitchen.com/110867/myrecipes.html
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for the neighbors and for us and it was a hit. I made as written only I think next time I will add a few more veggies to the mixture. Thank you for posting. Made for My 3 Chefs 2013 tag game.
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 5 tablespoons hot water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb dried Asian noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 green onions, sliced thin on diagonal
- 1 carrot, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In blender or food processor, puree 3 tablespoons of the sesame seeds, peanut butter, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, and sugar until smooth.
- With machine running, add hot water, 1 tablespoon at time, until sauce has consistency of heavy cream; set aside.
- Bring 6 quarts water to boil in stockpot over high heat.
- Preheat oven broiler. Spray broiler pan top with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts on broiler pan and broil 4 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Using tongs, flip chicken over and continue to broil for an additional 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
- Using 2 forks, shred chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Add salt and noodles to boiling water; boil noodles until tender.
- Drain, then rinse with cold running tap water until cool to touch; drain again.
- In a large bowl, toss noodles with sesame oil until evenly coated.
- Add shredded chicken, scallions, carrot, and sauce; toss to combine.
- Divide among individual bowls, sprinkle each bowl with portion of remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds, and serve.