- 6 ounces vermicelli or 6 ounces thin spaghetti, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar, plus
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil, divided use
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 lb cooked pork roast, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Place pasta in a large bowl.
- Combine vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil, vegetable oil, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, gingerroot, and garlic in a small bowl; stir well. Pour half of dressing over pasta, tossing to combine.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; saute 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Add pork to pasta mixture, tossing gently to combine.
- Remove stems from spinach; wash leaves thoroughly. Cut spinach into thin strips. Cook in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or just until spinach wilts. Add spinach to noodle mixture.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and pour remaining dressing over pasta; toss gently to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.