Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Vegetarian Times. Good hot or cold. I use Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids for the soy sauce. It's a lot lower sodium.
- 3 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 1⁄2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 10 ounces udon noodles or 10 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1⁄2 lb napa cabbage, shredded (about 4 C)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- Whisk together peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, sherry, vinegar, sugar and red pepper flakes in saucepan.
- In separate pot, cook noodles according to pkg directions.
- Meanwhile, place cabbage in colander over sink.
- Warm sauce over medium-low heat.
- Drain noodles over cabbage in colander to wilt cabbage.
- Transfer noodles and cabbage to serving bowl, add sauce and toss to combine well.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
We absolutely loved this recipe! I made it as written exactly, using a 9.5 oz. package Udon noodles. I tasted it and decided it didn't have enough sauce for me, so quickly made another batch of sauce. It was perfect! I will be making this often! WI Cheesehead, thanks for another great recipe!
I made this using 3oz of Udon noodles and the DM and DS thoroughly enjoyed gobbling up the lot, thank you WIU Cheesehead made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
Delicious! This recipe yields a big bang for the minimal effort required. I'm a noodle freak, and I loved this one. My only complaint is that 10 ounces of noodles isn't nearly enough. I now use a pound of spaghetti noodles and increase the rest of the ingredients by roughly 2/3rds. Otherwise, I make it exactly as written unless I have some other veggies I want to throw in. I can see how this one would be good served cold, but I'd have to have leftovers to be able to verify that!