Recipe by in OH
marvelous, savory stir-fry
Top Review by Di Cey
Pretty quick & easy. A good base recipe, but quite bland. Didn't have rice wine (& it's Sunday in MN) so used our favorite non-oaky chardonnay. We're anxious to try again with more spice - this cries out for garlic, maybe red pepper flakes, more sesame seeds, more scallions, less pasta & broken into smaller chunks before cooking. We added shrimp to make it a meal & will spice that more heavily next time also. Probably great with chicken or beef as well.
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup minced scallion, white part only
- 1 1⁄2 cups scallion tops, cut into 1/4-in . pieces
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted until golden in dry pan
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce (or Bragg)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3⁄4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- mix dressing and set aside.
- cook noodles until tender (about 8 minutes), rinse, and drain.
- heat wok or heavy skillet over high heat.
- add oil and heat about 15 seconds.
- add ginger and scallion whites, stir about 20 seconds.
- add greens, rice wine, and bean sprouts.
- toss lightly about 1 minute.
- add cooked noodles and dressing and continue tossing until noodles are fully heated.
- add sesame seeds.
- dress with a few more sesame seeds and some uncooked scallion greens.
- good hot or chilled.