- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste with garlic (sambal oelek)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare sauce, combine tahini and next 9 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- To prepare noodles, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water 5 minutes, omitting salt and fat.
- Add broccoli to pot and cook 1 minute.
- Add carrots to pot; cook 1 minute.
- Drain pasta, broccoli and carrots; place in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with onions and remaining "noodle" ingredients.
- Drizzle with sauce and toss well.