Recipe by jmelyn
I don't remember where I got this, but I think it's a great cold noodle salad. I've taken it to potlucks and it's been a hit. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Ilysse
We really enjoyed this. Mike needed a few bites to get into the groove but once he did we decided this is a keeper. I didn't have the same problem as the other reviewer with the sauce. I actually thought it was the perfect amount. But I did make a few changes. I didn't use bell pepper, cilantro, or the red pepper flakes cause I knew Mike wouldn't be happy with it and I added green onion and very glad I did. We decided next time to try more veggies in it maybe some snow peas, bean sprouts, cabbage...whatever is on sale and looks good :-)Avacodo might also be nice. Mike also thought some pork, chicken or shrimp would be good in it; next time. Thanks for a great recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 3 (4 ounce) unpeeled kirby cucumbers or 1 large regular cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots (about half of a 10 ounce package)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large, covered saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat.
- Add pasta and cook as package directs.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whish together peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, lime juice and crushed red pepper until smooth.
- Cut red bell pepper and cucumber into matchstick-thin strips.
- Chop cilantro.
- Drain pasta.
- Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Add pasta, cucumber, red bell pepper and carrots to sauce in bowl; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.