Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
My girlfriend was having a cookout and served these noodles cold. I couldn't stop eating them! Forget the main course I was already filled up on coconut shrimp and sesame noodles!
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti or 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lime
- Cook pasta according to direction on box.
- In saucepan combine peanut butter, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Stir to combine.
- Add a scant amount of sesame oil, the red pepper flakes, and the juice of a lime.
- Heat slowly and whisk together until smooth.
- Drain pasta, add the peanut sauce, and toss to coat.
- Serve cold or hot.
Very nice dish. I altered it a bit to my own taste. Thought the sauce was a bit strong so I added a little water, more lime juice and a tablespoon of sugar to balance out the saltiness of the soy sauce and PB. Tossed it with linguine and stir fry brocolli and red peppers. It is very good warm but I can't wait to have the cold leftovers tomorrow!
very good.i changed it a little though.i used egg noodles intead of spaghetti and browned sesame seeds in olive oil instead of sesame oil.also added green onion,mushrooms and cilantro and topped with sour cream and extra lime.
When I first tasted this it was too heavy on the peanut butter so I played with it a bit and added more lime. Perhaps your limes are bigger than the ones that I get. Once I had added enough lime it had a very nice flavor.