Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great "base" to add in vegetables such as chopped snap peas, julienned red pepper, shredded squash, spinach, grilled chicken or anything you have left in the fridge. It can also be spiced up with a shake or two of dried red pepper flakes.
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti (I like barilla plus)
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, but do not rinse and set aside.
- To the warm pasta pot add the next 5 ingredient and combine until well mixed.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and pasta. Toss to coat.
- Serve warm, cold or at room temperature.
Very nice recipe and easy! I was nervous making it for the first time for guests but it came out well. I didn't use as much oil and added spinach, bean sprouts and cooked chicken right at the end. Great warm or cold!
This was a simple and easy recipe that went great with our Asian themed meal. I used chinese noodles and omitted the onion and cilantro. I added steamed carrots and green beans....fantastic flavor!