Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch gingerroot, peeled and grated or 2 pinches ground ginger
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 large carrot, grated
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- crushed red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente.
- Combine soy sauce, tahini, sesame oil, cayenne, garlic, and ginger root in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Drain pasta and run under cold water until noodles are chilled. Drain well.
- Dump noodles into a big bowl with sauce and combine until noodles are evenly coated.
- Add veggies and toss to combine.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
I love love love these noodles. I always add about a 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar because we like a little tang to our noodles. Even my kids like these! The tahini and the toasted sesame oil really make these delicious.