Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for ZWT 2 to accompany Portobello Kung Pao if you so choose or use as a side.
- 3 cups hot water
- 2 (7 ounce) packages fresh udon noodles (may sub cooked spaghetti)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine water and noodles in a bowl.
- Cover and let stand 3 minutes and then drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high.
- Add noodles and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Finish with sesame oil.
- Toss with cilantro, salt, and pepper.
I felt this noodle dish was a little plain in flavor but it made a good side dish. I could not find udon noodles so I substituted with thin spaghetti. I also went easy on the oil because it seemed like a lot for the amount of noodles I made. Overall it's a nice simple dish.
Super easy and very tasty! I made this as listed, using linguine. I think I would cut back on the oil next time but I did love the crispy texture of the noodles. I enjoyed this with Chinese Almond Chicken. Made for my teammate for ZWT6. Thanks LoriInIndiana! :)
Darn I hate eating dinner with a grown man making yum, yum noises! lol. Seriously I really liked them and would go a 4 1/2. DH says 6 so 5 it is! It couldn't be more simple to put together and had a great taste. I made this as a side for Oriental Sesame Chicken and it complemented the dish perfectly. I stuck to the recipe but added some sliced green onions because I love them and sprinkled toasted sesame seeds on top just 'for pretty'. Thanks so much for posting. Made for ZWT6 on behalf of the Looney Spoon Phoodies :)