Recipe by Kumquat the Cat's friend
My niece's version of this classic recipe, it tastes fantastic and is quick and easy! You can also top this with cooked tofu and serve with a vegetable side dish for a healthful vegan dinner:D Adjust heat according to taste, and if you prefer a sweeter taste, swirl in a tablespoon of honey with the tahini and peanut butter.
- 16 ounces whole wheat spaghetti or 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or 3 -5 drops sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini sauce
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter (preferably natural chunky style)
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 5 -7 tablespoons hot water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- saute garlic and hot pepper in oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in tahini and peanut butter, then whisk in warm water until the sauce is a creamy consistency (depending on the peanut butter you use and personal preference).
- Taste and add pepper, salt or more red pepper or hot sauce as desired.
- Toss with pasta and garnish with scallions, cilantro, cucumber then serve with lime wedges.