Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a nice Asian-style veggie-pasta salad that is great for summer BBQ's. I like to serve this with grilled chicken or chicken kabobs. It also makes a nice main-dish salad when cooked, diced chicken is added.
- 4 ounces uncooked buckwheat noodles or 4 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (option)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Cook noodles according to package, drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients, and blend well.
- In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients, and mix well.
- Add cooked noodles to salad; mix gently.
- Pour dressing over salad, and toss to coat.
This was great. You have the savory flavor of the sesame, the noodles, and then the crunch of the veggies. This is definately something I will make again. The only thing I did different, was I left out the waterchestnuts. Very easy to make for such an nice, not so ordinary dish. Definately a keeper.