Leslie in Texas's Note:
I got this recipe from a good friend years ago. It's simple, easy, cheap, and addictive! What more could you want ? I've also added leftover cooked, sliced chicken or pork and crisp-steamed veggies such as bell peppers, broccoli, snow peas, carrots, etc. to make this a one-dish meal, doubling the dressing amounts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces capellini
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, tops and bottoms
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1Cook capellini to "al dente" stage.
- 2Don't overcook, as noodles will soften as they absorb dressing.
- 3Set noodles aside.
- 4Heat oil, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper over medium heat about 2 minutes; stir in honey, soy sauce and salt and bring just to a simmer.
- 5Toss warm dressing with cooked pasta and refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or more to allow flavors to blend.
- 6Just before serving, toss in cilantro, green onions, sesame seeds and peanuts.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.5
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 602.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g