Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a good friend years ago. It's simple, easy, cheap, and addictive! What more could you want ? I've also added leftover cooked, sliced chicken or pork and crisp-steamed veggies such as bell peppers, broccoli, snow peas, carrots, etc. to make this a one-dish meal, doubling the dressing amounts.
- 8 ounces capellini
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, tops and bottoms
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Cook capellini to "al dente" stage.
- Don't overcook, as noodles will soften as they absorb dressing.
- Set noodles aside.
- Heat oil, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper over medium heat about 2 minutes; stir in honey, soy sauce and salt and bring just to a simmer.
- Toss warm dressing with cooked pasta and refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or more to allow flavors to blend.
- Just before serving, toss in cilantro, green onions, sesame seeds and peanuts.
i have made this recipe with oodle of noodle instead of capellini and it's very tasty. i also heat all ingredients at once b/c the oil popped out of the pan when i added the soy. very good recipe, thanks for sharing!
I absolutely love this recipe, the only thing I've done different is omit the salt. The salt in the soy sauce was plenty enough for me. Thanks for posting a great recipe.
Yum-dilly-ishus! Very tasty! Next time I make this I am going to add some raw grated carrot and some red bell peppers to brighten the colour up a tad.