Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a favourite among friends and family. I often serve the meatballs on their own at BBQ's.
- 1 kg minced beef
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion, chopped
- 100 ml peanut oil
- 1 red capsicum
- 500 g hokkien noodles
- 1⁄3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄4 bunch shallot, chopped diagonally
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine mince, garlic, sesame oil,sesame seed, spring onion, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Roll mixture into walnut size balls and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Place meatballs on a layer of muslin in the steamer for 8 mins or shallow fry in a little oil.
- Heat a wok over a medium heat, add peanut oil and swirl to cover surface.
- Add shallots, red capsicum and bok choy and stir fry over high heat
- Add water and noodles, cover wok and cook for 3-4 mins, then stir well.
- Serve on a plate with meatballs and sweet chilli sauce drizzled on the top.