Prep 6 hrs
Cook 12 mins
This is a quick and easy marinade for chicken. I came up with it one day while cleaning out my spice cabinet. I made it for my family one night with white rice and steamed veggies and they really enjoyed it.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 stalk green onion (chopped)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 (7 ounce) chicken breasts
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour over 4, 6 to 8 ounce chicken breasts.
- Let marinade in refrigerator for 2 to 6 hours.
- Remove from marinade and discard.
- Grill chicken for approximately 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Serve with rice or steamed vegetables.
This was a very tasty and different marinade for chicken, not the common teriyaki, citrus or Italian marinaded chicken. I liked the flavor and that it was grilled, rather than fried in oil. I didn't tasted the sake, which I didn't have on hand, and had to buy. I also liked that there was very little soy sauce and the pinch of red pepper flakes was just the right heat for me(can't do real hot). I served this with recipe #146665 and green beans. I will make again, but, not bother with sake and add more garlic. Thanks for a great recipe!!
This was a really tasty marinade. I used it on chicken pieces instead of chicken breast & let the chicken marinate overnight. I baked the chicken in the oven for about 45 to 50 mins. I had to substitute Chinese Rice Wine for the Sake because I didn't have any Sake on hand. I served this with white rice and spooned some of the juices from the pan over the rice. I will definitely make this again.