Recipe by kymgerberich
Finger licking, sticky and only slightly sweet. Preparation time does not include marination.
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 lbs chicken wings, cut at joints, end tips discarded
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients in processor or blender and puree. Place chicken wings in large bowl. Pour puree over. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.).
- Position rack on top third of oven and preheat to 375°F Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade. Arrange chicken on large jelly roll pan and bake 25 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake 15 minutes. Brush chicken with half of marinade and bake 7 mintues. Turn chicken over and brush with remaining marinade. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake until chicken and sesame seeds brown, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to platter and serve.