Prep 8 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Chicken thighs get a delicious and lovely treatment from a sesame marinade and basting sauce in this mouth-watering recipe. The grilled flavor really says SUMMER!
- 1 lb chicken thigh, boneless and skinless
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- lemon rind, curls garnish
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a gallon-size zip-lock plastic bag, combine the lemon juice with the next seven (7) ingredients. Add the chicken; turn the sealed bag to coat and marinate in the refrigerator for eight (8) hours (best overnight); turn occasionally.
- Remove chicken from the marinade; reserving marinade.
- Pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepot; bring to a boil. Reduce the cooking flame; simmer for two (2) minutes. Set aside.
- Coat the grill rack with cooking spray; place chicken on preheated grill over medium heat. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over chicken.
- Grill chicken until it is fork tender and juices run clear, turning occasionally and brushing frequently with marinade.
Well the thighs only got 6 hours of marination and they were fantastic to say the least, I used about 900 grams (nearly 2lb) which gave me 8 bonesless skinless thighs and fed 3 of us and we were still looking for more of this delicious tasting chicken. I cooked it in a frypan (skillet) so it cooked a bit in the marinade as I spooned it on rather than brushing but took up the flavours beautifully, took about 20 to 25 minutes to cook through on a low to medium heat after initially browning on a higher heat but the end result was a moist a very flavoursome piece of chicken. Thank you feast Your Eyes, made for ZAAR Chef Alphabet Soup.