Recipe by CaribbeanQueen
I make these cookies often to take to this event or that. They are always eaten and always complimented. Ever so easy.
Top Review by BigFatMomma
Very nice! I wanted to try out something different, and this fit the bill. Delicate, not too sweet, and nicely caramelized. Also, the combination of the lemon and toasted sesame gives these crisps a light ginger-honey flavor, which is intriguing, since neither ingredient is present! Excellent for a light tea, these are a showy but easy, and great for any classy get-together! Thanks for a new, and great recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter and cool a bit.
- Stir in sugar, lemon rind, egg, sesame seeds, flour and baking powder.
- Drop from 1/2 t. onto well-greased cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. They will spread while baking.
- Bake @ 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until goldern brown.
- Cool for 1 - 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets. (The cookies are difficult to remove if you wait too long. If you do, just return them to the oven for a minute or two).