1/1 Photo of Sesame-Lemon Chicken with a Crisp Phyllo Crust
Source: "Fine Cooking"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
CHICKEN AND MARINADE
- 6 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1For the marinadeRinse the chicken breasts, pat them dry, and make a few slashes in each.
- 2Combine the marinade ingredients in a nonreactive bowl and add the chicken.
- 3Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 4To coat and cook the chickenHeat the oven to 450°F and butter a baking sheet.
- 5Butter a sheet of phyllo, top with another sheet, butter that and repeat with the other two sheets.
- 6Cut the phyllo stack into 6 equal strips.
- 7Remove a breast from the marinade and let some of the marinade drip off.
- 8Lay the breast at one end of a strip of phyllo and roll it up, leaving the ends exposed.
- 9Dip both ends of the chicken into the sesame seeds to coat.
- 10Put the breast, phyllo seam down, on the buttered baking sheet; repeat with other breasts.
- 11Brush the tops of the phyllo with butter and roast until crisp, browned, and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame-Lemon Chicken with a Crisp Phyllo Crust
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.8
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 119.0 mg
- Sodium 572.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 43.7 g