Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
I find the sesame crumbs work well on chicken or pork strips too, and serve any of these with a plum sauce. Prep time includes refrigeration of the chops.
- 8 lamb, rib, chops-trimmed, of, fat, if, necessary
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fine dried breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 30 g butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In bowl, beat the eggs, mustard, salt and pepper together.
- On another plate, mix the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds.
- Place the flour on a third plate.
- Coat each chop with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Dip in the egg and mustard mixture and then coat with the breadcrumbs, pressing on firmly.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and cook the chops over medium heat until crispy and golden and cooked to taste, about 5 minutes on each side.
I used 3 large leg chops for this recipe. We liked the crunchy coating and the added sesame seeds give them a nice flavour. * Minor point, flour isnt mentioned in the ingredients and in step one egg is plural. 1 egg coated the chops I used.
As soon as I saw Lamb & Jan S I thought this will be good - and boy was it ever! I used untoasted Sesame seeds mixed with the breadcrumbs - they turned golden. Gave great flavor. You didn't say how much flour but It wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I served the chops with mint jelly, roasted potato, steamed green beans and carrots with turnips mashed together Excellent meal Thanks Jan for another winner
Good stuff! Left out the sesame seeds, cuz I didn't have any...but kicked it up with some other seasonings. :)