Recipe by JustJanS
I find the sesame crumbs work well on chicken or pork strips too, and serve any of these with a plum sauce. Prep time includes refrigeration of the chops.
Top Review by Evie*
I used 3 large leg chops for this recipe. We liked the crunchy coating and the added sesame seeds give them a nice flavour. * Minor point, flour isnt mentioned in the ingredients and in step one egg is plural. 1 egg coated the chops I used.
- 8 lamb, rib, chops-trimmed, of, fat, if, necessary
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fine dried breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 30 g butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, beat the eggs, mustard, salt and pepper together.
- On another plate, mix the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds.
- Place the flour on a third plate.
- Coat each chop with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Dip in the egg and mustard mixture and then coat with the breadcrumbs, pressing on firmly.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and cook the chops over medium heat until crispy and golden and cooked to taste, about 5 minutes on each side.