Recipe by winter rowand
Once again I'm on this try new things thing and this is one of those recipes. Not many people even know that you can eat jellyfish and it's really really good. Prepping the jelly fish can be time consuming if you can't buy it prepared, but it is well worth it.
Top Review by Kitchen Ninja 3502
This is a delicious, simple, but unique recipe. The only hard part is acquiring the jellyfish. The salted form of jellyfish from a local Asian market, like HMart, was the best I could get.
- 1⁄2 lb jellyfish
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Chinese white rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- To prep jellyfish:.
- Rinse very well in cold water and drain. Put in a stainless steel bowl and cover with boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Then drain rinse with cold water for 6 minutes. If you are not using the jelly fish right away, you can soak in the frig, but change the water ever hour or so. Drain thoroughly and blot dry with paper towel.
- Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl.
- Let sit 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, garnish with sesame seeds.
- You may heat this recipe if you like; just stir fry it in a wok about 3 minutes, but it is best served cold.