Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I use this as "fried" rice and so I choose a protein that has a sauce. A nice green vegetable - like asparagus, broccoli or something along those lines. ATasteofThai.
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth, water may be used
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1⁄3 cup minced scallion (green onions)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup minced carrot
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
- Add Jasmine rice, sesame oil and fish sauce.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until all the broth is absorbed.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium high heat, heat vegetable oil.
- Add scallions, carrots and sesame seeds.
- Sauté until vegetables are tender and sesame seeds are lightly golden.
- Lightly salt.
- Add the cooked rice to the vegetables and mix together well.
- Serve with chicken, pork, beef or fish. Yum!