Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like seseme with a hint of garlic and honey, you will like this one... it is a crowd pleaser. This one is entirely my creation... I wanted a hummus with a distinct sesame flavor. The secret ingredient that brought the mixture to perfection was the honey. Be sure to use Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil... Extra Virgin Olive Oil will overshadow and ruin the sesame flavor. The flax seed is added simply because it is high in Omega 3 and fiber... it is good for you. To grind the sesame and flax seeds, I use a small Krups electric coffee mill... it does an excellent job.
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained yield 10 oz (Chickpeas)
- 6 tablespoons fresh sesame seeds, finely ground
- 2 tablespoons fresh whole sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh flax seeds, finely ground
- 3 tablespoons bertolli extra light tasting olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about one lime)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh pressed garlic (about two cloves)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 ounces water
- Put all the ingredients into a small food processor and blend until smooth.