This recipe was inspired by a simaler one in an Australian CWA (Country Women's Association) cookbook. We serve this with steamed rice, carrots and broccoli.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 8 chicken thighs, cut into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1In a glass bowl mix together soy sauce, wine and cornflour. Cut up chicken, if not already done, and add to the bowl. Stir together well. Let this marinade a few minutes.
- 2Heat up frying pan or wok. Add peanut oil, sesame oil, crushed garlic and grated ginger. Fry breifly.
- 3Drain chicken pieces , reserving the liquid, and add them to the pan a few at a time. Do this in batches so that they brown nicely.
- 4When all of the chicken has been fried off, add the chicken pices back to the pan with the reserved marinade and chicken stock. Cook until thickened. Stir in honey. Taste to see if it is sweet enough. Add more honey if it needs it.
- 5Remove from heat. Stir in green onions. Sprinkle over sesame seeds as a garnish. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Honey Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.7
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 345.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: