Recipe by Lee_tah
This recipe was inspired by a simaler one in an Australian CWA (Country Women's Association) cookbook. We serve this with steamed rice, carrots and broccoli.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Just the 2 of us around when I made this, so I cut the recipe in half, which gave us some very enjoyable leftovers for the next day! Served it with a mix of brown rice & peas for an enjoyable dinner! Really, really enjoyed the flavors you have in this chicken recipe, & I'll be making it again, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 8 chicken thighs, cut into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass bowl mix together soy sauce, wine and cornflour. Cut up chicken, if not already done, and add to the bowl. Stir together well. Let this marinade a few minutes.
- Heat up frying pan or wok. Add peanut oil, sesame oil, crushed garlic and grated ginger. Fry breifly.
- Drain chicken pieces , reserving the liquid, and add them to the pan a few at a time. Do this in batches so that they brown nicely.
- When all of the chicken has been fried off, add the chicken pices back to the pan with the reserved marinade and chicken stock. Cook until thickened. Stir in honey. Taste to see if it is sweet enough. Add more honey if it needs it.
- Remove from heat. Stir in green onions. Sprinkle over sesame seeds as a garnish. Serve hot.