Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
These are so good! Health, November 2002
- 1⁄3 cup shelled dry-roasted pistachios
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 4 (6 inch) whole wheat pita bread, split in half horizontally
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Place the first 6 ingredients(through marjoram) in a food processor; pulse until corasely ground.
- Arrange 4 pita halves, rough sides up, on a baking sheet.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Spread 4 teaspoons pitachio mixture over each pita half.
- Bake at 350º for 16 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Repeat with remaining pita halves.
- Break each half into 4 pieces.
- Serve alone or with your favorite dip.