Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Original New York Times Cook Book, Craig Claiborne. I love sesame seeds with fish.
- 3 halibut steaks, 1 1/4 inch thick
- 1 dash salt
- 6 teaspoons butter
- 3 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place fish in a buttered baking pan, sprinkle dash of salt on top and top each steak with 2 teaspoons of the butter.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and sprinkle each steak with one cup of the mixture.
- Bake uncovered, until fish flakes easily with fork, 25-30 minutes.