Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm always on the lookout for new grilling recipes, and I found this one on a recipe card in our local grocery store. I'm storing it here to try soon, because I know I'll lose the card!
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (I always use lite)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 lb snow peas
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Whisk together first 6 ingredients in a small bowl until blended.
- Place snow peas in a foil packet.
- Pour rice wine vinegar mixture over snow peas; seal packet.
- Grill over medium heat 7 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds before serving.
- Serve immediately.
- Note: To quickly and easily toast sesame seeds, spread seeds in a single layer on a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan; place on grill or in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Stir once or twice while watching closely so they don't overbrown.
My family loves the type of ingredients that are in this recipe. This was very good! I did cut down a bit on the sesame oil and only used half. Watch them carefully on the grill, they cook very fast. Over medium heat, 7 minutes did the trick. Thanks Kree, we'll be doing this again.
Sugar peas are always good and I eat them raw. I found the soy made these a bit too salty for me. I also had to cook them a bit longer. So next time I'll reduce the soy and cook longer and have a terrific side dish. Thanks Kree.
I found this very sweet and when I checked the peas after seven minutes they were grey and flimsy. I think they're done after 2-3 minutes.