Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A different, yummy Thai-inspired sweet side dish or dessert, adapted from mermaidmagic's Grilled Banana Dessert. Thanks mermaidmagic! Cooking time includes marinating time.
- 4 just-ripe bananas (not overripe!)
- 8 large strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, fresh-squeezed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In large bowl, whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, agave nectar, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- Wash bananas, leaving skin on.
- Slice bananas in half crosswise, then again lengthwise.
- Slice strawberries in half.
- Add fruit to the juice mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Allow to marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove fruit and reserve marinade (you'll need it later).
- Coat large skillet with oil; place fruit, cut-side down, and allow to grill for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove strawberries and set aside.
- Turn bananas over and continue cooking, skin side down, about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat when the skin begins to peel away from the banana. The bananas should still be slightly firm (not mushy).
- In large bowl, combine 1 tbsp of marinade with sesame seeds; add bananas and strawberries and toss gently to coat.
- Serve immediately.