Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cook time includes chill time
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled gingerroot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into very thin strips
- lettuce (optional)
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add sesame seeds.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until golden; shaking skillet often.
- Transfer to small bowl.
- Whisk in hot sauce, olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and garlic; set aside.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in large saucepan over high heat.
- Place green beans and salt in steamer basket; set into saucepan.
- Do not let water touch beans.
- Cover; steam 5 to 6 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Combine beans and bell pepper in large bowl.
- Pour sesame dressing over vegetables; toss to coat evenly.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Toss just before serving.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates, if desired.
I loved the appearance and taste of this green bean recipe. I did reverse the proportion of pepper sauce to soy sauce, knowing I'm a chile wimp. Season it to your own taste and you'll like this.
This is a beautiful dish and has a lovely combinations of flavors, but watch out for the kick! I wish I had read the review by Sharon123 before I made this recipe! My instinct was to reduce the pepper sauce, but I write code for a living so I followed the recipe to the letter. Next time, I will cut the pepper sauce by 2/3.
This had some good stuff in it, but I think 3 tbls. of cayenne is a bit much! I used 1 tsp.(Maybe I'm just a wimp!) It was good, I did add a little ketjap manis to sweeten it up a little. Thanks Recipenut!