Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Asian style green beans - slightly spicy, slightly sweet.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄2-1 lb green beans
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (tamari)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and white pepper in a small bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Spray pan with olive oil and add green beans.
- Saute until bright green and brown in spots. (about 10 minutes).
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Saute for another minute.
- Add soy sauce mixture and cook until reduced.
- Serve immediately.