Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Rachel Ray recipe. I usually do not like green beans but this dish is awesome. You've gotta try it!
Make and share this Sesame Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces fresh green beans
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1. Cok green beans in boiling salted water to cover about 5 minutes or until desired degree of coneness. Drain; cover and keep warm.
- Cook garlic in hot sesame oil in a small skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce. Add beans and cook one minute until heated through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
The best green bean recipe ever. I used tamari instead of regular soy sauce and it was just heavenly. We couldn't get enough of it. Thank you.
Well this has to get 5* if it gets my DM to eat greens for me it was way to salty but I may have been at fault as there is no way I used the amount of beans suggested (sorry did not weigh what I used) but used the full amount of the sauce, I steamed the beans for 5 minutes and then cooked them in the sauce. The DS ate all his up with gusto but I found mine too salty and offered them to the DM (I have not known her in the 6 years she has been living with us it has been a huge struggle getting her to eat green vegetables) when I offered her these she first turned up her nose but when I mentioned they were too salty for me she tasted and devoured what I gave her and what I couldn't eat. So that said (sorry to be so long winded) next time I will make with low sodium soy and in better proportion to the amount of beans I am making. Would also consider using with other green vegetables such as bok choy and asparagus which we like. Thank you Julia Lynn, made for Iron Chef - and the Secret Ingredient is ..... UPDATE have since made with low sodium soy and cut back on the amount and loved it and have also used it for asparagus - sensational.
This was great!! I did add about 4 more cloves of garlic but other than that, followed this easy and delicious recipe. Yum, yum!! Made for I Recommend Tag Game 2010.