Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from a supermarket recipe
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add sesame seeds. When seeds start to darken, stir in green beans.
- Cook, stirring, until the beans turn bright green.
- Pour in chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until beans are tender-crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until liquid evaporates.
I made this but also added a healthy amount of chopped garlic too. It was delicous!
A good way to dress up a bunch of green beans with the flavor of sesame. This was very easy to make. I did not add the salt which was not missed. Thank you for posting. Made for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag 2008* game