Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A tastey way to dress up green beans. Quick and easy. I often substitute frozen green beans for convenience.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a sauce pan, bring beans and water to a boil.
- reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 10-15 minutes till beans are tender-crisp.
- Add butter,soy sauce, and toasted sesame seeds.
- Toss to coat.
Great recipe! This is one of my favorite ways to have green beans because it's really easy and goes with a lot of main dishes that I make. Thanks!
Great beans. Couldn't be easier to put this together. Being mid-winter I didn't have fresh beans available and so used canned, drained and microwaved without the added water. I used just 1 tbs of soy and as I thought the flavor was saltier than we needed I'll use just a half tbs next time. The toasted sesame seeds really add great flavor. Veggies don't usually get much response but DH said "Hey, I like these green beans," and that's a good thing!
I found this recipe in my Quick Cooking magazine and fell in love with it. However I use a full pound of green beans & only 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce. These are FABULOUS! Thanks for posting this recipe Karen. :)