Recipe by chia
this is great as part of an asian inspired dinner. the recipe comes straight from diamond walnuts. very quick and easy
Top Review by Marla Swoffer
Wow! This was superb. The savory flavor was very unique--just a touch spicy and sweet. I had to make my own sesame glazed walnuts because I couldn't find them at the store, so that was a little labor intensive but worth it. I used sherry cooking wine instead of sherry and I used 3/4 lb shrimp (perfect for 2 people ) of regular size (jumbo was too expensive). I used light mayo (Best Foods). Thanks for posting this Chia!
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 cup sesame glazed walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- mix sherry with cornstarch, salt, pepper and add shrimp, marinate 20 minutes combine next 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- place lettuce on serving platter.
- heat oil in wok, add shrimp, stirfry until pink.
- add broth, cook for 1 minute, add sauce, toss to mix well.
- arrange shrimp over lettuce, sprinkle with walnuts.