this is great as part of an asian inspired dinner. the recipe comes straight from diamond walnuts. very quick and easy
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 cup sesame glazed walnuts
- mix sherry with cornstarch, salt, pepper and add shrimp, marinate 20 minutes combine next 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- place lettuce on serving platter.
- heat oil in wok, add shrimp, stirfry until pink.
- add broth, cook for 1 minute, add sauce, toss to mix well.
- arrange shrimp over lettuce, sprinkle with walnuts.
Wow! This was superb. The savory flavor was very unique--just a touch spicy and sweet. I had to make my own sesame glazed walnuts because I couldn't find them at the store, so that was a little labor intensive but worth it. I used sherry cooking wine instead of sherry and I used 3/4 lb shrimp (perfect for 2 people ) of regular size (jumbo was too expensive). I used light mayo (Best Foods). Thanks for posting this Chia!
Outstanding! I made this but only using one lb. of shrimp and didn't serve it on lettuce. It was very quick once I had the sauce made and the shrimp peeled. Served with Sesame Glazed Walnuts and Fried Rice. Very delicious meal.