Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Quick, low fat and so good, a great weekday meal, served with rice.
- 8 chicken thighs (with or without skin)
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 5 teaspoons liquid honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sesame oil (to suit taste)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange the chicken on a greased baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine oyster sauce, garlic (if using), honey, mustard, sesame oil and pepper.
- Brush over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is done.
- Remove to a serving platter; sprinkle with green onions.
- Note: sauce recipe may be doubled if desired.
Wonderful! I was a little concerned that the oyster sauce would overpower everything else, but it didn't. The sauce had a nice sweetness to it balanced by the garlic and oyster sauce. I will definitely make this again, especially on a busy weeknight! Thanks for posting!
Another winner from Kittencal!! Both my husband and I agreed that this was delicious. I followed the recipe exactly and wouldn't change a thing. I used boneless chicken thighs. I thought the sauce on the chicken might burn while baking, but it did not - in fact, the chicken looked like it had been marinaded, it had such a rich deep colour. Thanks!
This was very good. Easy to put together and very flavorful.